Do you meet the following conditions:
- Less than 50 years old; Have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list; Have a positive skills assessment for that occupation; Be able to score at least 60 on the points test and have competent English, i.e. IELTS 6.0 on each band?
If so, you may be eligible to apply for PR through GSM Pathway
If you are an international student, and would like to know
- if you can apply for a skilled visa after graduation
- things you can organise before graduation so that you have more control of the migration process
If You have an overseas qualification and would like to know
- tips on how to fill the EOI ensure you don’t over claim your points
- how to assess the points for your skilled employment
- how to prepare your skills assessment
You can schedule a 45 mins consultation with us for $80 only.
Student from High risk country failed IELTS test to apply Graduate Visa
Za had just completed his Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology and was planning to apply for the graduate 485 visa.
However, things were not going well with his IELTS test, he thought he would easily achieve 6 points to meet the Competent English criteria. But he failed in 2 attempts.
He came to see me with 5 days left on his student visa. He had run out of time to sit another IELTS test. If he is not able to remain onshore, he will most likely lose his opportunity to apply for the graduate visa, since it is an onshore visa and need to apply within 6 months of the completion date.
After reviewing his study history and financial situation, I suggested a short course of student visa was a more practical solution.
1. Little time left to lodge a new application, need to obtain COE within days
2. Need to apply for an appropriate course with limited budget and get COE issued immediately
3. Need to address the Genuine Temporary Entrant Test, justify the reasons for studying such a course
We were able to enroll him into a 6 months budget course (tuition fee is less than 5k) and get a COE issued within 2 working days, and then lodge the visa application on the third day and get him and his family a bridging visa straight away.
He got a 7 months’ 572 visa 4 weeks after lodgement.