Today I like to address a type of question I often got from my clients: “I don’t have a skills assessment and I only work for my 457 employer for 3 months, when can my employer nominate me for PR?” Here are the summary to answer this type of question: There are a number of options you can choose from.

Temporary Resident Transition Stream

As you probably aware, there is a Temporary Resident Transition Stream, where you have to work for the same employer for at least 2 years on a 457 visa before they can nominate you for PR.

Direct Entry – ENS VS RSMS

There is also a Direct Entry Stream that you can use it to apply for PR without waiting for (or wasting) 2 years.  A lot of people said that you have to pass a skills assessment and have min 3 years post qualification work experience. This only applies if you are using ENS stream. Here in WA (and most parts of Australia), since it is a regional area, you can also choose Regional Employer Sponsored Stream (RSMS), which does not have a minimum work experience requirement and skill assessment is not mandatory unless you were nominated for a trade occupation and you don’t have an Australian trade qualification. A lot of fresh graduates indeed use this pathway to achieve their PR.

General Advice Warning Disclaimer

The information provided on this website is general in nature only and does not constitute personal migration advice. The information has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, immigration status or needs. Before acting on any information on this website, we strongly encourage you seek advice from MARA Registered Migration Agent or Lawyers.